For the Enthusiast
Below is a selection of exciting activities planned for the 2015 Extravaganza.
- A huge selection of cars, motorbikes and military vehicles are expected in the 'Open' concours classes
- Some 1,100 vehicles gathered including around 300 in more than 30 'Club' stands
- Concours classes for cars from veteran to 1987, interesting vehicles gathering and the prestigious "Masterclass"
- Motorbike classes from veteran to Post War
- Commercial, Military, Steam and Agricultural classes
- Trophies for: 'Best in Show', 'Best Sports Car', 'Best Club Stand', 'Best Amateur Restoration', and 'Spirit of the Show'
- The Sporting Bears putting on Dream Rides
There are two micro cars - Messershmitt and Pembleton Grasshopper, and a very fetching Karmann Beetle convertible
Other cars so far confirmed include an Alfa Romeo 8C, an Ultima Can-Am, two 8 litre Dodge Vipers, an Aston Martin Vanquish S, E type Jaguar roadster, a Westfield V8 (not for the faint hearted), Lamborghini Diablo, two Nissan GT-Rs, Mercedes SLK 55 AMG, TVR T350C, and a Maserati Spyder - plus many others. Some of the very fast and/or open cars will be weather permitting of course.
Stop press: there may be a DeLorean DMC-12 and a McLaren MP4 12C!
- Delorean Gathering, including DMC-12 Time Machine car!
- Britain's first sports car
- Scottish Borders debut of an exciting new Jaguar
- Trade Stands
- Auto Jumble
- Display Areas for Anniversary Marques - Jaguar XJ-S (40th)
- Entrants Scenic Run on Saturday 6th June
Form more information visit the Borders Vintage Automobile Club's website.